Mymuna Hossain
5/20/12
808
Blogpost:
Three cups of tea
In Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson, is about a guy named Greg who goes to Korphe, Pakistan and volunteers to build a school for the little kids. After seeing kids write with dirt on little chalkboards and sit on the floor and learn, he felt bad and wanted to build a school for the kids.
He got the money from a friend of his who was dying and promised him to show a picture of the school after it was built before he died. It took him a lot of going back and forth from America to Pakistan because his wife was pregnant and he had to help her. After building the school everyone in Korphe thanked him for his courageous work and he would never be forgotten in Korphe.
This book inspired me to help kids once I grow up because it made me feel bad that I’m a lucky girl to be going to school while others aren’t able to go to school because they have to help their family. I hope to do something like this one day when I grow up.
No comments:
Post a Comment