Mymuna hossain
808
1/3/12
Blog post: The
virgin suicides
In the book the virgin suicides by Sophia Coppola, is an
intense literature of five sisters. These five Lisbon sisters attempt to
suicide one by one. While the neighborhood boys are watching them from afar. The
first one to attempt suicide was the youngest Lisbon. She had killed herself on her
small kitty pool. Then came Cecilia, and the rest of the Lisbon sisters.
While I read the beginning of this book, I kept thinking
why the girls wanted to kill themselves. I though t that it was because of the
mother, but not the father. It was said in the story that the father couldn’t
understand why the mother was so strict. She wouldn’t hit them or anything, but
she didn’t let them hang around with the kids around them. It was almost like
they had to be safe wit her.
This story was kind of confusing me but, I think
when I finish it all the pieces might come together. I want to know why the
girls wanted out from their lives. I know that there is a twist somewhere in
the story. I just have to find it!
No comments:
Post a Comment