Mymuna Hossain
3/22/12
808
Romeo and Juliet: themes
In this book I found many different themes, the one I wanted to write about was forgiveness and pride. I want to write about these themes because these were sort of hidden but it was definitely there.
Where I found forgiveness was in tybalt’s eyes when he had murdered mercutio. I saw that he knew he won, but when he looked at his bloody sword, he was sorry. He didn’t want mercutio to die but also he didn’t want to seem like a loser and try to help him. This is the place where pride also hurt their family.
A place where pride took place was when the Capulet’s had a party, and tybalt says tis he that villain Romeo. It looked like Capulet was trying to hide his anger so he wouldn’t look bad in front of his men. While that hurt tybalt’s feelings.
These two themes have taken part in this play but I found it to be rather hidden than present. I thought it was interesting that Shakespeare does this. Also I wanted to find out who else felt the same way.
i agree with the themes you found in the book when i read this book i also found themes such as these.
ReplyDelete