Hossain
808
4/25/12
Blogpost: “aces up”
The
book “Aces up” by Lauren H., is a story about Shannon card who is only seventeen
years old. She is a senior in high school but notices that her dad is unable to
pay for her college tuitions. So Shannon card gets a fake ID then works at a
poker place as a waiter. She has kept it a secret from her family.
I
think that Shannon card shouldn’t have gotten a job this way. How long was she
willing to keep this up? I know that her father has lost his job and his car
but she should’ve at least spoken with her family. I feel like Robyn, Shannon’s
sister will suspect her because Robyn saw her uniform. I don’t think that Shannon thought
about how much trouble this can cause her!
I
am hoping to quickly finish the book and find out more about Shannon and her
family. I want to see how she keeps her secret and pay for her college tution!
No comments:
Post a Comment