Thursday, November 17, 2011

screammmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mymuna Hossain                                                                                                        11/17/11
808     
                                                           Blue is for nightmares
            In the book blue is for nightmares, the main character is Stacey. She is in a boarding school, her dorm roommate is Drea. They have been dorming for over two years together. Stacey always performs rituals and Drea is the best roommate she could have.
            Stacey performs rituals by burning candles, then running her hand around the fire with oil all over her finger. She does all of this so that she can stop having nightmares about Drea. She doesn’t tell her this though. It all started at the beginning of this year, after summer vacation. She thinks that she is able to see the future and does not want to any more. The first time she performed her ritual, it had no effect on the nightmares. She even carved Drea’s initials on it, to stop the nightmares from happening. She found out it was because while she was having the nightmare she through the candle on the floor along with the crystal rock she had. So the candle had not burned all of Dreas initials.     
            That same day Drea had woken her up because she was choking herself on her own. Drea had been shocked of why those nightmares kept on repeating, but Stacey clearly had no answer. Stacey had been wetting her bed, she kept dreaming about how she was being chased by someone, while she heard Drea wailing. Drea hadn’t noticed that at all though.
            I haven’t read the whole book I just started and it seems really interesting. I want to know mostly why? And what? These illusions are. I wished that I had read more but so far I haven’t been resisting text or seeing any of the social action critical thinking questions yet! I am looking forward to reading more so that I will be able to say more too!                  

2 comments:

  1. This book does sound interesting but instead of retelling, you could add some of your opinion and thoughts of the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really creepy. It's so good though. a bit of a spoiler but very good.

    ReplyDelete